Sunday, March 28, 2010

Conquered!

I really enjoy a good play on words. I wish I was witty enough to use word plays in my every day conversations with people, but we can't always get what we want, right? But if you can use a good play on words in an every day conversation, kudos to you my friend.
I started back at the gym this week with Shapour. It has been since high school that I have done this kind of work out. Sure I have been good (at times) about going and running and doing some weight lifting here and there. But we started back doing an actual routine. And I am paying for it! It's not so bad as I lay here this evening, but this morning and last night I was in trouble! I began to think that I may never walk again...at least without a hobble! But it is really good. With the countdown to May 29th getting lower and lower, it's time to get back in shape! ... At the same time I'm not looking forward to tomorrow around 2:00 PM when I head back to the gym!
For any of you keeping up with my late night sleep aid, you may understand the excitement when I walked into the hosue this afternoon to se that all of the wallpaper was striped from the dining room! Thank you very much to the unfrtunate souls that were designated that task while I was at work last night! I worked my way through the bathroom wallpaper today. And I have only solidified my hatred for the dreaded stuff. The wonderful people(and I am using that term very very loosely) that wallpapered the house never painted the drywall before putting it up in the bathroom. For those of you that don't know, that equals disaster for trying to remove it. Needless to say, it was a long evening ripping the walls to shreds! The good news being, the wallpaper is all but gone from my memory!
A former co-worker came in and ate last night with his wife(who also happens to be a former co-worker) and we chatted for a minute or two about old times. He was surprised to find out that I was now the GM of the store(which I don't think is so hard to beleive!!!), but her asked how I enjoyed that. I continued to explain why it is an awesome job, yet an awful job almost constantly. I'm sure this is the case for most jobs. While I do love the people I work with and the people that come in and eat at our restaurant, there are just certain things that I have to deal with that I just don't to have to deal with! My most recent adventure has involved pickles, and if you care to be entertained by a fairly wild story, just ask. It does a require a more private setting in an effort to protect the identities involved from public ridicule.
I had better by off now. Like I said, the gym is destroying me and I have just a few hours before having to head back there again! But, first I must share this list. I hope it is understood...if not, think about it for a minute and it should come to you.

1)Me>pickle
2)Gym>my legs
3)Me/steamer>wallpaper
4)March Madness>my bracket

1 comment:

  1. 1) you conquered the pickles.
    2) the gym conquered your legs
    3) you + steamer conquered the wallpaper
    4) march madness has completely conquered your bracket (and the other 99.999999% of Americans).

    Yes? And where is this play on words you falsely hinted at up and the beginning of this post?

    ReplyDelete