Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

I'm not sure how long this daily blog will stay daily, but while I still have the "new toy" syndrome I'll get as many done as I can. I forgot to mention yesterday one of the other reasons why I started to blog last night. Aside from the fact that Erin produced a wonderful story to share, I did have other deciding influences for starting a blog. Many of you do not know this, but I don't sleep well. In fact most nights I lay in bed for hours before I finally fall asleep,and even after I do fall asleep I am a very light sleeper. I promise you this is not by choice! I love to sleep! But, it does offer me the time to do all of my reading and homework so that I can spend time with Erin instead of reading pages and pages of history documents all night long.... Back to the reasons for blogging. I was in my usual hours of laying in bed waiting to fall asleep when Yahoo offered an article on Chinese sleep solutions. Naturally I clicked on it hoping to find the ancient secret to falling asleep quickly and sleeping better. It stated a few things, such as using pressure points, taking jujube seed, and certain exercises. I tried the pressure points first, and after pressing my wrist and bottom of my feet for 10 minutes I realized that I was working too hard on pressing these points to be getting closer to sleeping. But it did suggest "emptying your mind" in order to prepare your body for sleep. So, I'll continue to try and empty my mind in an effort to get better sleep.
I wish I had some funny stories to share today, but it was a rather dull day for me. We went out with some friends this evening to celebrate St. Patrick's day. After discovering that we were way too late to get a table at any of the Irish pub's in the area we headed over to the steakhouse... I'm sure they eat plenty of steak in Ireland.
I mentioned to one of my professor's this morning that I would be missing class this upcoming Monday(we are closing on our house), and it was exciting to fill that grown up! Granted I am still in school, but to be able to use something like buying a house as an excuse to get out of class...I must say it felt pretty good.
Greg asked if I put a recipe in the first blog...of course I didn't...but so that I can say I have next time he asks, I found this in a Georgia History book from 1960 today and it was how to make tea when you cannot afford the tea(you know, like during the Civil War and things). Al you need are a handful of acorns and a pot of boiling water. Just boil your water and crush the acorns into small little pieces. Let your acorn bits boil with the water for a few minutes(much like you would with any tea) and enjoy.
Not much of a recipe, but now I can tell Greg that the recipe is here.

1 comment:

  1. haha nice recipe. if the world comes to an end and our food storage runs out i will have to remember that!!

    ReplyDelete