Thursday, March 25, 2010

House Troubles

Hi it's Erin! It's the first blog that I am writing on here. I told Trent that since my name is in the web address, that means I should get to write an entry or two along the road. I have decided that it is time for my first one.

The topic of my blog is going to be the new house. First I want you all to know that we are very excited about owning our first home, especially together, and we hope to make this our family home for a very long time. If you know us well then you know that we've been trying to find a house to buy for about 8 months, and this house was the eleventh one we put an offer on. Yes that is 11. But apparently in our lives, 11th time's a charm! God has a funny sense of humor! But He did bring us what we think is the best house we have seen so far!
With that being said, I wanted to write about how amazing Trent has been throughout this process. Again, if you know us well, you know that I am the one that tends to get a little emotional and have pretty quick reactions to things. Trent is the calm one who looks at things rationally instead of in the heat of the moment. I love that, and he seems to calm me down at times. Since we finally managed to become homeowners, he has been even more incredible. As Trent mentioned in his last blog entry, he is currently swamped with school work to do, as well as balancing that with working at the restaurant. On top of these things, he has still managed to come to the new house every night and do things he hates to do- like tear wallpaper down. The first night we had the house we went over there and I had him change out some light fixtures in the kitchen. What would I do without him? I promised him he wouldn't have to touch a paintbrush, and I'm trying really hard to keep that promise! Last night he started touching up some spots that Kelsey and I had "missed" and I told him he wasn't allowed to paint (because he HATES it, not because I'm THAT controlling.)

Today, Trent was nothing less than the amazing person and soon-to-be husband that he is. I got a phone call around 2:30 this afternoon while I was at work from the contractor who said that our neighbor had called the realtor who sold us the house who had called him (haha long story short) to tell us that our house was leaking water!! Of course my heart sank because we had only owned this house for 3 days, and it was already flooding (in my mind.) They sent someone over to the house to turn the water off and see where it was coming from, so I called Trent, who was in class, to let him know what was going on. He then left school and went over to the house to check on things himself. He caught the contractor just in time before they were going to break a window to get in, and found that the source of the water is, thankfully, probably just the sprinkler system. The only water in the house was a little bit in the basement. God really took care of this one for us! And thank God for the sweet neighbor, too. And Mr. Trent is once again the best man in the world :)

I also wanted to thank Bethany, Mandy, and Kelsey who have been helping with the paint. Especially Kelsey (no offense other girls) because she has come over every night this week to help. And to Trent's family who came over the first night and helped switch out knobs and brought dinner to help us celebrate.

Anyone who is planning on coming to the painting party, thank you in advance! I promise it won't be too miserable, and there will be some free Barbecue Street food in it for you.

I look forward to sharing this house, and my life, with a wonderful, wonderful person!

2 comments:

  1. I remember when me and Trent had to paint the house in Deerfield...he was unbearable. Good thing you didn't "convince" him he should help :)

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete