Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm not sure if it is the writing or the early mornings (Shapour is convinced it is the workout), but I am exhausted tonight. I'm hoping that it is the writing and the jujube seed.

I felt old again today. I have a year left in school after this semester. I'll be taking 3 classes in the summer, and then I have two semesters worth of students teaching, and then it is off to the real world. I am in my final education class this semester and today I was finishing the observation hours for that class. The high school that I was assigned was about an 40 minutes away, so needless to say, it was an early morning. The part that made me feel old came after I got to the school. I was the first one there this morning(probably because I was the old fart in the group), so I was chatting with the teacher that was in charge of our observations. We went and made copies, checked to make sure all of the department teachers were there, etc. You know, the same ole same ole teacher stuff that has to get taken care of every morning.
3 more students showed up from KSU to participate in the observations at this school and as we were waiting for our assigned classrooms we did what every undergraduate student does...we compared classes and experiences and professors. This was fine until I realised that all of the professors that the other kids were naming off were freshmen professors. They had all graduated in 2008! Normally that wouldn't make me feel old...but one of them said something along the lines of "Oh. Wow! My older brother graduated in 2004!) Am I really old enough now to be feeling all of these mixed up emotions about my age!? Of course not..and that's why we went and hung out at Kent's place this evening so we could feel like kids again!
No news as far as the wallpaper goes. I am dreading the moment I have to walk back in to one of those rooms! But we are moving tomorrow, so I cannot put it off for too long. I have gotten some good advice from a few folks, and I am hoping that it is really much easier once I am using all of the correct methods and tools.
I must say that laughing is a wonderful thing.
I also must say that making someone laugh is a wonderful thing.
And lastly, I will say that having a group of people that laugh, make each other laugh, and laugh at each other(not in the mean ha ha you fell down way) is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment