Friday, March 19, 2010

Style

I have really been thinking about what to officially name the blog. Sure, "And so it begins" was clever...for the beginning. But I cannot leave it that forever. If you've got any good suggestions, I'll tale them. I was thinking tonight I could title each individual post a new Dave Matthews song. That's just how obsessed I am. So maybe I could think of something clever with music and what's actually happening in real life. How exciting though! Relating these daily entries with a different Dave song each day! It would do wonders for my creativity skills.
We spoke in my Inclusive Education class the other about gifted students. I'm not ashamed(or humble enough) to admit that I was a gifted student. That's right. Smarter than your average bear. The keyword here is was! Things have caught back up with me. But we talked about how gifted students were supposed to excel in 3 specific ares, one of them being creativity....and I began wondering how in the world I was considered gifted if you had to be creative! So, maybe relating these song titles to everyday occurrences will boost my creative thinking skills.
Spring has finally arrived! I got up early this morning because I had a dentist appointment. I full expected to come home and take a nap, but it was so nice that I couldn't stand it any longer and headed over to the park for a run. I was amazed at what I saw. Now, I have sen this a few times before. When I lived in Togliatti, a city in Russia, I would often since this once or twice a week. And I have begun to see it on the campus green at the university. But now it is in my own backyard and I'm not sure how to handle it! Now I know there is a technical term for what is going on, but I'm not sure what it is. The only reason I know there is one is because Kent told me what it was yesterday...as if it was normal and in no need of any strange responses. It was a group of maybe 8 or so guys...there may have been a few girls but I never ventured close enough to see...that were battling out with foam swords and shields. As if they were medieval knights fighting for the round table. I just think it is bizarre. And I'm trying to figure out if this is a next generation thing, or if these just kids missed out on video games. Regardless, I have been surprised to see this as often as I have. I love the Russian people, but they were known to do some very odd things(at least to us silly Americans). So when I saw this in Togiatti, Ben and I had a good laugh about it and I think we even took a video of it...with the lion dog...so that we could prove that people were fighting like knights when they didn't believe us. I suppose it is just the new style.
I apologize for the randomness this evening. But really I don't. If you read yesterday you would understand that this is really just my Free therapy so that I can get to sleep. You really should expect something a lot more random and out of place then what I have written tonight. But thanks to those of you that are reading, I hope that you really are enjoying it. I try to be at least a little entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment