Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness!

I wonder how many people titled their blog "March Madness" today?

I don't like basketball until the tournament. Sure, I'll stop and admire the pretty orange and blue whenever Florida is playing...but that's about it. But when tournament time comes around, I'm as competitive as the next guy. Erin and Kent and I went over to Kelsey and Greg's apartment this evening to watch Wall-E, and after the movie ended, the channel was naturally switched to basketball. Washington and Marquette were playing. Two teams that I don't care at all about, except for the fact that I picked Washington to win. And, as the clocked wound down and somebody that I have never heard of from Washington hit a nice three pointer, I jumped out of my chair in celebration and raised the roof. Ask Kelsey if you don't believe me.
There is a fellow that comes into the restaurant every Thursday afternoon and gets beef, french fries, coleslaw, and an entire pitcher of tea to himself. He's been coming for years. I'm sure he has been stopping by since before my time at the store. Anyway, we always enjoy a nice conversation while he enjoys his beef, and today was a pretty interesting one. It had been a few weeks since I had seen him(I am too busy most mornings o get out and chat..that sounds horrible...too many for the customers) but the last time we spoke I mentioned to him that some buddies and I were planning on hiking Mt. LeConte and he told me of his latest trip to the Confederate Gunboat Museum(outside of Ft. Benning). He wanted to see the pictures from the hike so we talked about that for a little bit and I showed him the pictures(sorry for any of you who I have promised to show them for a few weeks now and still haven't seen them). The important part of this story is this: as he finished up and I had to get back to work he mentioned how jealous he was of all of the exciting things I do in my life. I had never really thought of that. But I have been very blessed to get to have some really awesome experiences. And an awesome fiancee that lets me do all of these crazy things(like hike to the top of LeConte through 50" of snow!)!
I guess this will be a good segway into the background blog that I need to write. Now that I have thrown around a few names of people that not everyone may know. So I will take care of that over the weekend.

2 comments: