Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 1

I'll be honest. I never really understood all of the excitement over blogging. Sure, writing your daily thoughts down...I get that. Journals and diaries are great. But to put it all out there so everyone knows what you are doing all of the time and what is happening in your life..that's the part that I never got. But recently I have been thinking that it may actually be kind of fun to write a blog. Erin and I watched Julie and Julia not too long ago and that was a fun story about a blogger. Who knows, maybe one day there will be a movie about my blog.
The kicker was something that happened this evening. I'll do a history blog in a few days so anyone that has no idea who I am can get caught up as far as who everyone is that I mention in here. But this evening, Erin and I went to Kroger so that she could pick up some lunches for her to take to work with her. We headed off to Kroger and bought her lunches and then headed over to get some gas. While she was pumping the gas I started fiddling with the little air freshener that was clipped to her air vent. She has one of those fancy air fresheners that has a glass bottom filled with scented oils and a swivel top that lets you choose which fragrance can be emitted throughout the day. She has had for quite a few months now and every now and then one of us will mention that i doesn't look like any oil has been used....Do you see where this is going yet? So, I started trying to figure out why it wasn't using the oil. I eventually pulled the plastic lid all apart (with my fancy new multi-tool I got at the REI Scratch and Dent sale..Whoop!) to uncover the answer to this months long mystery. She had never opened the oil containers before putting the lid on the air freshener!
So of course I laughed at her a bit, she laughed a bit, we had a good time, and on the way home I told her "You know, if I had a blog I would definitely write about this!" So here we are. The beginning of Trent's and soon to be Trent's and Erin's blog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to blog! It will be fun to read about your daily happenings since we are so far away and cannot be there for all the fun of the wedding and life and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is hilarious and so something i would do! i feel for erin! i hope you didnt give her too hard of a time ;) i look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trent...everyday I have a routine of checking my email, FB, and ESPN...now I have a fourth...your blog! You and Erin (as well as Greg and Kelsey) are very special people to the Workinger family..your friendship with our son has been life-changing for the entire family!

    ReplyDelete