Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eating Better

So I'm not going to sit here and tell you all how fat I am just to have everyone write back and say "No you aren't! You look just fine!"; I am not that kind of girl. I hate when people put themselves down for the sole purpose of fishing for compliments. But here's how I feel: chubby. I feel like at this stage in my life I am exercising more than ever and I am just not getting the results I had am hoping for. In fact, I really do think I am GAINING weight all the time! I don't think I'm FAT or OBESE (stop rolling your eyes!), but I hate FEELING fat while I'm just sitting at work, or driving somewhere. I don't think I have every just felt fat sitting around until right now. It sucks a lot.

Although I exercise regularly, I think I know the solution: eat better. Genius, I know. I don't think I eat HORRIBLY, but I also don't monitor or balance the good and the bad very well. What I think the best thing to do would be to meal plan. I have never been that good at trying to plan my meals, but I'd like to choose some healthier options and stick with a plan. Has meal planning worked for you in your life? Pros? Cons? Give me some feedback because I'm batting in the dark right now. I also need to know some good healty recipes. I don't want it to taste like crap, but I don't have a very large repitoire to create a varied menu. Any ideas? Also, I don't eat fish. Yuck.

I am also open to other people's suggestions how to lose a small amount of weight. I refuse to diet. Unless a diet is something that you stick to for your entire life, it just doesn't work in my opinion, and it's not worth it. :)

Leave me your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. That one time that I lost weight, really what I did was cut out soda, white flour-- almost everything comes in whole wheat/grain these days-- and kinda of limit them. Instead of crackers and hummus, I have carrots and hummus. Also, switched to skim milk. And just think about lean protein vs. fatty protein. For me, these were pretty easy changes that taste good. It's not set in stone and I DEFINITELY splurge. You know how much I LOVE food. Good luck. (and I still think you look great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    I stumbled across this because I wanted to see more pictures from David's wedding and then I read this post. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I never thought I was over-weight but always felt sluggish. Then I went to the doctor and got weighed. I was 10 pounds heavier than I thought I was and that was 10 pounds heavier than I wanted to be!

    A friend told me about livestrong.com. Its like weight watchers online, like counting points, but you count your calories and it tracks every nutritional fact about what you eat.

    So I went on, created a profile and decided I would commit to losing 2 pounds a week for 6 weeks. And I did it!! It was really hard at first (about a week), but it made me realize how much I was eating and how terrible it was for me. I'm sure I sound just like a commercial, but I am so glad I did it and I want to share it with everyone. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete