Thursday, April 15, 2010

Technological impairments

It's not that I don't know how, because I know I could if I tried, but I'm jealous of everyone with photos in their blogs. Does anyone want to be in charge of uploading my photos onto my computer for me so that I can use them in here?
It has been a couple of very interesting days, and that's where the sudden need for photos has come from. I can think of at least three (3) times since Monday that I have thought to myself "I wish I had a camera right now". Writing about them would just not do them justice, so I won't even try, but just know that I have seen some excitement this week!
My brother told me about blip.fm today, and I'm not sure how active I will be with it. I'm still a little confused with the idea behind it. I already really like my music, and enjoy everything that is on my iTunes. I'm not sure if I want to listen to what someone else wants to listen to. For example, the station I am on right now started with a little Gordon Lightfoot (which isn't bad, but if I were choosing I don't think he would have made the cut), MC Hammer (You Can't Touch This....and I won't. This song belongs everywhere), and now it's on to some other kind of nonsense that I have never heard of. Unless there is anyone else with such a satisfied taste in music as I have...in other words, someone that could listen to the same songs a million times and never get sick of them...I'm not sure if Blip.fm is for me. But, regardless, if you are interested in seeing what kind of blipper I become, my user name is tstaple1. In fact, if you are looking to follow me on any kind of social networking site, tstaple1 is probably the screen name..so go see what you can find.
I succumbed to the temptations of the digital age this evening. Erin and I have been looking in to getting the internet at the new house for a few weeks now. She is going to be officially moving in this weekend after the showers are finished, so I wanted to try and have the internet installed so she doesn't die of boredom while at home. We had also decided that we wouldn't get cable yet and save the extra 30 or 40 bucks a month. So I went out and bought a digital antenna, and we were well prepared to continue watching tv on the internet. Neither of us have had cable in oer a year now, so it is not a big deal...until I started finding pricing deals for cable! I got sucked in by the great deals! Now, I am not a cable salesman, and I am not trying to get a job with their marketing firm, but as cheap as Dish was going to give us cable, I couldn't resist. The good news is Erin will no longer be watching the freshly painted walls peeled to pass the time!
My goal for the next entry is at least one picture.

1 comment:

  1. you should post something again. we miss our bedtime stories.

    ReplyDelete