Monday, April 26, 2010

Quick Update


Hi!! It's Erin (if you couldn't tell by the exclamation points).


I thought I'd give a quick update since neither of us really write in here all that often. The main reason for this is because we don't quite have internet hooked up yet at our new house. Of course, Trent still does at his parent's house (where he is living), but he's definitely at our house more often.


Here are the highlights of the past few days/weeks. They are finishing the house work TOMORROW! Hallelujiah! If you have talked to me personally in the past few weeks you should already know how I feel about contractors, but if not, I DON'T like them very much! haha They're difficult to work with. BUT tomorrow is the last piece of work they will be completing... resurfacing the guest bathtub. I can't wait for them to be out, and all the holes in my walls to be patched (which is happening as we speak).


We do keep finding lovely little things that go wrong with the house, but what else can you expect with a 20 year house (or if you're part of my family as my dad would say)? The brand new fridge decided to leak all over our new hardwood floors, but that guy is coming to fix it today. The outlets in both of the bathrooms decided to stop working, and then to start working again. At least they work now! There is a lovely leak from the Master bath that we have yet to investigate. But, of course these are all tiny little things that don't matter because WE HAVE A HOUSE!! It is actually starting to sink in, that it's all ours. The first mortgage payment helped that sink in...


I have also decided we have a ghost. He's a friendly ghost, though, so we've been calling him Casper. He just likes to move things around and such. But no harm, he keeps us protected at night.


Now that the contractors will be done, Ellie gets to come live with me! I CAN'T WAIT! I have missed my baby so much, and I know she'll be missed over at the Stapleton house, but I need her back! She is going to stop loving me the most I can't handle that :)


Not a funny post like Trent's, but just a little update for everyone. The wedding is in 33 days, and we are so ready! Can't wait to be married!


Ta for now. And just for you, Trent, I posted a picture of the house. It's a "before" picture, though, so it looks much better now. We'll post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment