Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hilton Head

So some of you may know this already, but Hilton Head is probably my favorite place on earth. I'm not really sure exactly why, but it's just such a gorgeous place, and so fun to go visit! It's a short 5 hour drive (ha), but it doesn't seem so far when you are on your way, because of the knowledge that you'll be in the most amazing place when you get there. Not as enjoyable on the way home.... (unless of course I have left my husband behind or my favorite dogs)

The occasion for Hilton Head this trip was for my dear friend, Danni's wedding. She has been a great friend since about 10th grade. Her brother, Kent, was dating my best friend Kristyn's sister, Kate. Since Danni was in between our grade and their grade, Kate introduced Danni to Kristyn. The rest is history. Danni's family loves Hilton Head equally as much as I do, so that's where she decided to marry her man. Danni's now husband Reed, is such a nice guy, and you can tell when you see them together that they are so in love! Thank you Danni and Reed for letting us share your wedding day with you.

The wedding was on Friday night, same day as the Royal Wedding. We drove down after work on Thursday and I woke up to watch the first wedding of the day. I don't care what anybody says... watching it live was completely different than watching it on the DVR. Not bashing anyone who may not have had the opportunity to watch it live, but I was glad I did. I love that I witnessed a part of history (through the television). Anyway, I could write an entire blog about the Royal Wedding, but I won't. We started Friday out by the pool and everyone was sun burnt by the end of the day. Then we made it to the beach wedding.

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous, as well as the bride. It was decorated with yellow, and it was a perfect night. The wedding was right on the beach and it was a small and very special ceremony. We were really happy to be a part of their intimate ceremony. I have posted some pictures of the happy couple and the awesome decorations.


Bride and groom during the ceremony.


Mr. and Mrs. Reed Cozens



They gave out awesome yellow coozies as favors!

All the high school girls together again! I hate this picture of me, but it makes me super happy anyway! SUCH a beautiful place for a wedding!

Danni's niece, Layne. She was so precious and this was the first time I got to meet her. I just loved her.

Since the wedding was on Friday, we had all day Saturday to just be in Hilton Head. We decided to rent bikes. It was literally the perfect day. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Kelsey and Greg riding and holding hands. Yes, this picture was posed.


Kelsey and Trent in the Salty Dog parking lot.

We also saw two gators. If you don't go to Hilton Head, it's a common occurrence and sort of a disappointment if you don't find at least one on your trip. This was the first one we saw. The second one was swimming in a pond and was eying some birds for lunch.

The end of the evening was also perfect because we had dinner with the Finnells. Not pictured was Greg, Trent, Erik, and Mrs. Finnell. Bryce had his big presentation for school so we missed him.

Perfect weekend. I will definitely remember this one always. Congratulations Danni and Reed!

1 comment:

  1. I SO wish we could buy a place there - it's my favorite place, too. So many happy memories there - and more to make, I know. I'll put it on the to-do list for after the Family Fun Center! XO

    ReplyDelete