Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

**A warning to all... this post will be cheesy, lovey, and may make you want to throw up. If you're not up for that, do not continue reading. It's also more so that I can remember what we did on our first married Valentine's Day when I read it again in the future.

So I would say that in the past, Valentine's Day has not ever been a day to dread (whether or not I've been in a relationship) or the best day of the year. I have always enjoyed it, however. I really like that there's a day to celebrate love! I know that every day is a day to celebrate love, but why not appreciate a day that is made for it?!

So I decided that I was going to get Trent a bunch of stuff he loves, and add a few things I thought he'd like. I bought him a big "tub" (that's what I call it) that holds drinks for when people come over to hold all the little things I got him. I decided boys don't have a use for baskets so I'd get something useful. Then I got him some Scottish foods that he's always had growing up, a way cool mug with chalkboard on the front, and then a teapot! He has been making empty pots of coffee to use hot water for tea. So in the morning before I left, I put the basket together and placed it on the kitchen table for him to find and enjoy after he woke up in the morning. I thought I was so cool and sweet. HA! I then went to work feeling content.

My gift, however, was super lame compared to what Trent did for me. The first romantic thing he did was send flowers and chocolate to my work. It was a way cool flower arrangement inside a Hershey Kiss shaped bowl (the top lid part was off and the flowers were put inside) and a box of Hershey Kisses. I put a picture below (minus the chocolate). All the ladies at work told me Trent sent me flowers at work because it was our first year of marriage and that would change after a lot of years! haha hopefully they're wrong!



So then when I got home from work I walked into a kitchen that smelled delicious! Trent was cooking me a homemade dinner! For those of you who know that he does that often, this time was different. He made lasagna from scratch (everything but the noodles), including the sauce! He also made Foccacia bread from scratch (not in a bread maker), and a yummy white chocolate fondue with TONS of dipping goodies! On the table were three vases full of flowers. The roses on the left were from Trent, the flowers in the middle vase were actually from Trent the week before (that he got me for no specific reason) and were still pretty, and then he sent the tulips in the right vase as though they were from Ellie and Yozh. The card said "To the Greatest Mom in the World" from Ellie and Yozh. How sweet!



So right after I walked in the door, Trent told me to go upstairs and take a bubble bath that was already full and waiting for me. It was SO nice! I love our bathtub but rarely take baths. Trent finished cooking while I took a nice relaxing bath. He also had MORE flowers in square vases around the bathtub. So sweet! I couldn't stop smiling!



After my bath we ate the delicious homemade dinner and Trent watched a chick flick with me! This rarely happens so it was a special treat for me! It was such a great Valentine's Day and I have a such a sweet and romantic husband! I am so thankful for him and hope that everyone else had a wonderful Valentine's Day, too! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. SO SO SO SWEET! You have a wonderful, fantastic husband! And he has a wonderful YOU! XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete