Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wedding! Cont.




So the ceremony started a little bit late, but everything was going smoothly. I was waiting in the bridal room while the bridemaids began to walk down the aisle and I was laughing about how funny it would be if Ellie (our Yorkie flower girl) would poop going down the aisle. This comment even got me a compliment from the bartender who was in the room with us that I was in the top 1% of calm brides he's ever seen there. I was proud of that compliment because if you know me, I am kind of always a stresser and a worrier, and not very often the calm one. But I know that my marriage to Trent is right and I just couldn't wait to make it official! So I wasn't stressing or worrying about it.

When it got to be Wade's turn to walk down the aisle with Kelsey and Ellie (we tried to make it as fun for him as possible) with his dad sending him off and his mom at the end of the aisle with M&Ms and trains waiting for him, he didn't want to do it! No worries, it was the effort that counted. At least he looked adorable! And Ellie got a laugh out of everyone. The Jazz festival was supposed to have a break during our ceremony time, but of course, they were running behind as well, and so we had a little tune for the first few minutes of our ceremony. Once again, no stressing so we made the best out of it and did a little dance at the front. Rod, our officiant, gave a very personal and perfect homily for Trent and I, and made the ceremony very special. It all went by so fast. No matter what may have happened during that wasn't supposed to happen (the wind blew out the candles to light the unity candle with, I couldn't find the kleenex that was in my dress pocket, YES I had pockets in my dress, and a lovely Jazz festival patron who decided to yell at us during our ceremony about the large mistake we were making- shout out to all the wonderful men in the audience who later told me they were 2 seconds away from getting up and hitting that guy in the mouth), it was absolutely perfect- and rain free!

Trent and I left to take pictures while the reception got started, and walked around the park for a while. I was sort of sad because the awesome park with the awesome view of Atlanta's skyline was covered in tons of people watching a concert, so we had to find some more secluded areas to take photos. I think they turned out spectacularly, though. Our photographer Kate Byars (www.katebyarsphotography.com) was amazing!! Check out her website for more pictures.

The reception also went by in a blur full of yummy food that we never got to eat (I heard it was delicious), a photo booth for our guests which created the best and most hilarous guest book ever (I DEFINITELY recommend having one of these at any event you throw), a green cake which Trent and I smashed in each other's faces, and many great friends and family members. We absolutely loved every minute of it. Special thanks to my parents for throwing the wedding of my dreams.

Hopefully you all could make it to the wedding and hopefully you loved it as much as we did. If you weren't able to be there, here are some pictures to help you feel like you were! Honeymoon blog coming soon!



Love,

The Stapletons



3 comments: