Friday, July 15, 2011

Random

Written Friday, July 15... for some reason it wouldn't let me update...

So I feel the need to update the blog, but with nothing in particular, so here it goes: my random thoughts for the day.

1) Today I got a new computer at work. It's got Windows 7, which I've never used before (I have a Mac at home), and it's pretty rockin. It's just fun to get new things, even if they're at work!

2) Last night was the last Harry Potter premier ever. I have so many feelings about it. My first feeling is tired... not really about the movie but because of the movie. I got home yesterday after work and took a nap from about 6:30-9:00. I then went to the theater, watched the movie, got home at 3:00 and slept until 6:00. And that's the sleep I running on right now. I got a grande White Mocha from Starbucks this morning and I think that helped. After work I get to go straight to babysitting for the night. I hope I can make it until the babies fall asleep! Next I am feeling sad. It's the last Harry Potter movie... ever!! It was such a fun thing to experience every year or so: getting in line and waiting until midnight, sitting in the theater full of dressed up fans and clapping when good things happened on screen, and getting to see each book come to life on the screen for the first time! It's sort of the same feeling that I got when I finished reading the last book. It's actually over. But what a fun ride. I am also definitely feeling happy because it was such a fun movie to watch! A little dark and creepy at times, but so good! Of course I have to say that, but I really can't wait to see it again. I am thinking about having a HP marathon all weekend and dragging Trent to see this last enstallment with me. He didn't feel the need to come to the midnight showing last night. Smart guy. Overall I am sad, but overjoyed. Hope you all liked it, too!

3) Lately I realized that everytime I watch something or read something, I want to do it. That probably didn't make sense, but here is where my thought came from. Recently I have told myself that I want to be on Broadway and/or work at a musical theater. I'm not the best singer in the world, and that's what's holding me back- HA! But, this thought started on the season finale of Glee this year. It was so moving to me (not everyone loved it, I know). I started crying when Rachel and Kurt sang on the Wicked stage in NY. Then I cried for the rest of the episode, and until I fell asleep that night. Since then I got a copy of the Wicked soundtrack to prep for the September show, and I decided I want to play Elpheba. Most would say I should probably be Glinda for the mere fact that I'm blonde, but I like Elpheba better. Either way I am not ever going to be on Broadway (not being negative, just realistic. You haven't heard me sing). Another example is that I have been reading Rob Lowe's autobiography and it makes me want to be an actress! His life is just so interesting, and I think it would be so much fun! On the other hand, I would HATE to be famous, so it wouldn't work for me very well. My third and final example is one from middle/high school. I used to watch the movie Center Stage all the time. I wanted to be a ballerina. I still do everytime I watch it. If you haven't seen it before, go home and watch it.

Those are my thoughts. Nothing too exciting, but something at least. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment