Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy 2011

I can't believe it's already 2011! I feel like Trent and I got married a month ago, and it's already been 8 months! When I take the time to think about everything that has happened since we got married I can see that it has actually been a while, but it still flies by so fast!

Trent's turning 25 on Friday! I feel like 25 is so old! I know for people that are older than that, they are thinking I am crazy, but it's a quarter of a century! I'm so glad we are married now and getting to grow up together, though. How lame did that sound?? But I am excited about it.

I don't have much to report, just wanted to update the good ol' blog. I'm pretty sure our new puppy was in a picture on the last post, but just in case you dont know, I got Trent a baby Golden Retriever for Christmas. His name is Yozh (which means "hedgehog" in Russian). He is such a good boy (most of the time), and is so sweet! He rarely makes a peep and has been putting up with Ellie's bad behavior pretty well. She is such a punk and tries to make his life miserable! Ellie is such a sweet girl around people, and just wants to lick everyone to death! She does not, however, like other dogs. At all. She's getting better, but likes to terrorize him. Poor boy.

Since it's a new year and typically resolutions come with a new year, I have decided to post mine here. I have thought absolutely nothing about this up until now, so you are first to hear about my resolutions!

1) Exercise more. I know this is so cliche, but I need to do it. Kelsey and I have been good so far, so I am hoping we'll keep it up. We use her apartment complex gym (which is AWESOME) so it's free, but I can't go without her. So we're keeping each other in check. Beware if you're engaged, too, because what they say about gaining weight after you get married is definitely true. And it sucks.

2) Go to Augusta more often. I feel like I see my parents pretty often for living in different towns, but they are the ones that travel here about 90% of the time. I also still have lovely friends that live in Augusta that I should keep in better touch with.

3) Budget our money better. THIS is happening already! I made a budget sheet right before the new year and have been keeping up with every penny that Trent and I spend and make. I am a freak and I LOVE spreadsheets, so I actually enjoying logging into our account and filling out my table! I suggest that everyone does this because it shows you what you spend most of your money on, and it forces you to save more efficiently.

That's it for now. Pretty boring blog post. Sorry about that. I'll try to make something dramatic and exciting happen before the next post. Love.

1 comment:

  1. Now I LOVE those resolutions! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO And I ACHE to see you!

    ReplyDelete